Grenada’s Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP) allows individuals and their families to obtain citizenship by either making a donation to the National Transformation Fund (NTF) or by investing in approved real estate development in Grenada.
The National Transformation Fund (NTF) was established in 2013 as a means of transforming Grenada’s economy into one that is ever more prosperous and independent. The NTF finances various projects in Grenada for the benefit of its many industries, including tourism, agriculture, and alternative energy.
The real estate investment route is the only option which enables investors to recover funds used to acquire citizenship. Investors have the option to rent their property through an experienced management company, earn monthly rental income, and sell the property once the three or five year mandatory holding period has expired (holding period varies based on the development).
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older to apply for citizenship of Grenada through the Citizenship-by-Investment Program. Applicants can include dependent family members such as children up to the age of 30 and parents over the age of 55. Applicants must be of good character and have no criminal record and provide a clean police report along with other supporting documents.
Once an applicant’s application for citizenship is approved in principal (approximately 60-90 days from the date of submission of documents to the Government), and the requisite investment is made, the applicant, along with their included family members will become lifetime citizens of Grenada and be granted passports within the strict guidelines of the law and relevant regulations.
There is no physical residency requirement associated with Grenada Citizenship by Investment. Applicants have the choice to either live in the country or abroad.
Grenada citizenship benefits are a gateway to a whole new world. Apart from the freedom to travel visa-free and conduct business in more than 145 countries worldwide, individuals who obtain citizenship through Grenada’s Citizenship by Investment Programme are entitled to the same rights as any other Grenadian citizen. These include the right to live and work in Grenada at all times. Moreover, because Grenada is a member of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), Grenadian citizens have the right to live in any other CARICOM member state.
Grenada allows individuals to hold dual citizenship, and citizenship may be extended to family members, such as a spouse, dependent children, and dependent parents. Children and young adults may obtain preferred access, and in some cases grants, to top schools and universities.
The application process is confidential, with no disclosure or exchange of information with other governments or bodies, except when due diligence checks are carried out as part of the application process. These checks are performed by an authorised due diligence agency.
Grenada Citizenship Benefits include:
- Fast – A fast track solution to citizenship in three to six months
- Affordable – The lowest cost Citizenship by Investment option for a large family in the region.
- Flexible – No residency requirement; dual citizenships are permitted; dependents are eligible for citizenship too
- Secure – A peaceful, democratic and politically stable country
- Permanent – Citizenship is granted for a lifetime and can be passed on to future generations by descent
- Tax Advantages – No foreign income, wealth, gift, inheritance, or capital gains tax. There is no restriction on the repatriation of profits and imported capital. Generous incentive packages exist including corporate tax incentives, full exemption from import duties, tax relief benefits, and export allowance
- Practical – Visa-free travel to more than 145 countries worldwide, including United Kingdom, European Schengen States and China. View the list of Grenada Visa-Free countries.
- Moreover, Grenadian nationals qualify for E-2 visa to the USA
- Profitable – Real estate offers income and capital gains opportunities
- Convenient – Direct airline access to many regions of the world
- Confidential – No sharing of information with the country of your current citizenship or residency
- Welcoming – Delightful year-round climate and warm friendly people
FURALLE will provide you with all the necessary assistance and service you require through every stage of the process and beyond.
Your first step: Please feel free, Contact FURALLE today for a complimentary consultation with one of our qualified citizenship advisors. We will be glad to answer any questions you may have and explain how we can make the process as simple and efficient as possible for you. We look forward to hearing from you.