Are you traveling solo?
You get to do what you want when you want. You can connect with people if you wish or avoid them completely if you want to be alone.
When you travel alone, you travel on your terms.
Here are some tips to help you travel alone .
1.DECIDE ON YOUR DESTINATION- You need to have where you will like to explore in mind, maybe you have a dream destination, just decide that within yourself and move to the next step.
2. KNOW YOUR TRAVEL BUDGET- In order to plan a solo trip; you should have a budget to work with, that will include the cost of visa, flight, hotel accommodation,tours etc or better still, have a trusted travel agent to guide you through all process.
3. SAVE UP- Isn’t it great to return from a trip and know that it’s fully paid for rather than having to catch up financially .Save up for your trip before you go. That is the best decision anyone can make. And be ready to start saving for the next trip as soon as you return.
4.BUY TRAVEL INSURANCE- It’s advisable to buy travel insurance when travelling alone in order to be on a safe side. Because you can claim many expenses back. You don’t have to be responsible for everything that goes wrong.
5. BOOK SOLO FRIENDLY ACCOMMODATION – If you are working on a tight budget, you can book a hostel.or better still i nice hotel that is particularly good for solo travellers.
6.PACK LIGHT – It’s advisable to pack light when going on a solo trip..and also to pack smartly E.g When travelling during summer you should know that you will need to pack light clothes due to the hot weather.
7. KNOW HOW TO STAY IN TOUCH- When travelling alone, you should know how to stay in touch with your loved ones. You could get a new sim over there for low cost options or can communicate via online calls.
8. ADAPT TO YOUR DESTINATION- It would be difficult arriving in a new city alone, take your time and settle in.. you can ask questions if you are not clear on anything.
9.STUDY A MAP OF YOUR DESTINATION- This is very essential in order for you not to feel lost.
10.LEARN A FEW WORDS IN THE LOCAL LANGUAGE- You could try to learn few basic words in their local language for easy communication.